Friday, July 18, 2008

a snapshot from our homes...



In case you haven't worked it out yet, mondo cherry consists of three women.  JJ and I are sisters, and susieq is our Mum.  I know that many people would struggle to work with their immediate family, especially in a creative business, but we actually find it quite easy as we have very similar tastes. This is an asset when we are purchasing fabric, working out the best way to bead, or designing  a new product.  However it can be somewhat disconcerting. Take this flower as an example.  There I was very pleased with my purchase, admiring the way it fitted in so well with my bedroom decor, when I turned up at JJ's house for a morning of work to find exactly the same flower on her dining table.  I shouldn't have been surprised.  It is not unknown for us to buy the same clothes and handbags and the three of us all own the same pair of shoes - sometimes embarrassing when we go out together!  

I hope you enjoy your weekend. Two days to the butterfly party and counting...

2 comments:

Porchlight Interiors said...

That is so funny to hear you say that because here at Porchlight Interiors we are also sisters and I couldn't count the number of times we turn up wearing the same thing. We love working together also - nice to hear it's working for you too.

A-M said...

How lovely to be in business with family..... and to have such similar tastes... it would be very esteeming! A-M xx