Tuesday, August 19, 2008

cushion addiction...


We admit to having a thing for cushions.  We find one  of the easiest ways to change the look and feel of a room is by changing the cushions and maybe a few accessories.  We are always on the lookout for beautiful new ones, or interesting fabric.  We have all gone through stages of loving a particular colour, but always seem to alternate with neutrals.

Here is one of my favourites - a beautiful linen with white embroidery.  We sometimes make our own cushions, but when I saw this one I couldn't resist buying a couple. They have been gracing my sofa all winter and have stood up well to the fairly rough treatment my cushions get from my 5 children - they have been hidden behind, used as a substitute napkin, been involved in pillow fights and used as a mountain for toy animals! 

I have loved having the simple linen and white colour scheme but a few days ago I bought myself some very colourful ranunculus and my thoughts are turning to adding more colour. Maybe a shopping trip required?!

4 comments:

Millie said...

I love the addition of your favourite things on the blog - I'm a creme brulee addict as well (would walk over hot coals for one right now)!! Great cushions, & how well they have stood up to the rigours of your family.
Millie ^_^

ness lockyer said...

THAT'S IT! I am definatley covering our sofa in white. You had told me ages ago that your sofa had coped well with the kids. Now I am convinced I will do it...thanks a tonne. xx

Amanda said...

You girls have won an award! Stop by my blog when you have a moment. x

Oliveaux said...

I too love linen, yours look fabulous against your white sofa!