Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Favourites from Etsy - Cotton Bird Design



We absolutely adore these birds made by Angela, a very talented UK designer for Cotton Bird Designs. There are some very cute fabric birds, but we think the clever paper ones (anything from stamps, vintage maps and even crosswords) are even more special.  Each bird is hand stitched, has little wire feet, and would make a very special gift. For lots more gorgeous birds, visit the Cotton Bird Designs Etsy shop.

We think we must have a lot in common with Angela - this quote from the artist sums up our feelings precisely!

"I mainly use vintage fabrics and papers in my work and have a lovely collection that I have been adding to over the years - but as with most collectors I am always on the lookout for the next most inspiring piece of fabric or paper!"

2 comments:

sarah @ a beach cottage said...

oooh love the bottom one, I think that is a Robin and I'm not sure if they are in Australia? I surely haven't seen one, got plenty of noisy Kookaburra's outside our window though! lol!

Oliveaux said...

These are very cute! I have always had a thing for birds.