Wednesday, August 20, 2008

last one for the year...


I'm gearing up again for another party - this time for my son's 9th birthday.  As the boys have got older, I have found it has been harder to bring in the creative touches that I so enjoy doing. Of all things party related, I most enjoy creating original invitations. Master almost-9 decided he would like an Olympic games theme this year, and so we bought some very cheap singlets and transfered on a flag from the Country that each child will be representing.  I used photo transfer paper, which you run through the printer and then iron on. It was very easy to use with good results. I'm sure there are lots of other fun things you could use it for - Father's day presents, personalised tea-towels for Grandparents, fabric place mats - oh for more time!

To make the invitation, each singlet was wrapped up and presented with an "official" letter from the Birthday World Games of the Millennium Committee inviting the athlete's attendance!  Hope the boys like them.

4 comments:

Kimberlee said...

WOW! You are so incredibly talented - that is the most AWESOME invitation I have ever seen. I am maid of honour in a wedding and we have organised a weekend away for the Hen's show and we are planning on hosting a "naughty olympics" on the Saturday. Do you mind me borrowing your idea? Of course I'd add a few sequins and feathers etc as well.... x

mondo cherry said...

Glad you like them Kimberlee - feel free to use the idea. I'd love to see photos of your finished product - sequins and feathers sound fabulous. Not sure the boys coming to the party would have appreciated them though, shame!
Clare

lily-g said...

My daughter is 16 and had her last birthday party (I'm not kidding!) she organized a high tea with vintage cups she has collected over the years,her friends were a bit shocked at first but it was a huge success and great seeing the girls really dress up and boy did they take heaps of photo's. My little Lily is having her first real party at the end of the year and I'm so thankful I have another decade of planning parties.

Porchlight Interiors said...

What a gorgeous, creative idea...they look fantastic!