Monday, August 25, 2008

Sally...


We are always on the lookout for interesting things at markets and garage sales, so imagine my excitement at spying this rocking horse from afar.  On closer inspection, the price tag of $600 was way beyond my market budget, but I found it hard to walk away.  As I stood there falling in love the seller brought the price down a couple of hundred.  My bargaining skills are not very impressive, but my sheer indecisiveness seemed to work a treat, and I ended up staggering out of the market with the rocking horse for much less than $200. "Sally" the rocking horse is now part of my family, stabled in the living room, and climbed on by many little ones. If it can't be touched in my home, it doesn't belong.

We all love combining new and old when decorating our houses. It seems to take the 'showroom' element away and make a house more livable. 

2 comments:

A-M said...

Oh well done. What a beautiful piece! I'd say you have SUPERB bargaining skills to walk out with it for that price! A-M xx

Oliveaux said...

Nothing better than grabbing a fantastic bargin at the markets...well done!