Thursday, September 4, 2008

things I've learnt...

The "Birthday World Games of the Millennium" Party we had for my son on the weekend was enjoyed by all the athletes.  Here are a few photos from the event, and some of the lessons I learnt...



There is nothing in the rule book to say that "The Cake" has to be all cake.  I was panicking about the athletics stadium cake my son requested unto we thought of the Duplo box and the Lego people. Very easy! 


A bit of crepe paper, some masking tape and a navy sheet makes an Australian flag tablecloth in  a jiffy.


I should never have attempted complicated flags with my limited icing abilities.  Apologies to all the Canadian readers for the rather dodgy maple leaf, and to the Australian readers for the stars! The Japanese flag was a whole lot easier.


Even 9 year old boys still like getting chocolate coin gold medals for amazing athletic performance.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Very clever. Sept. 13 is my little boy's b-day and it will be Speed Racer for the theme but not as creative as you, I ordered the cake from the local bakery. They will be sliding down a 3 lane slip and slide and get little mini plastic trophies in their goodie bags along with candy. I just hope it dosen't rain. Thanks for sharing. Heidi

the happy sparrow said...

The party looked like heaps of fun!! Very clever! Have a great weekend:)

Amanda said...

What a clever mumma you are, Clare!

Millie said...

Great b/d party theme Clare! Super job with the cookie & cake decorations, I failed dismally in this department too!
Millie ^_^