Wednesday, October 29, 2008

not just for candles...


I've been collecting crystal and glass candlesticks ever since we were given a couple as a wedding present all of 12 years ago. I enjoy searching for them in op-shops and at markets and have set myself a strict $5 per candlestick limit which makes finding one all the more special. Not throwing very many dinner parties nowadays, I seldom get more than a few out at a time - too much dusting to have them displayed permanently! However, borrowing on an idea I saw in an old Home Beautiful magazine, I also love them using them as little vases. I just love the way they catch the light and look so delicate. Notice the essential plate I have clustered them on so that I can very quickly whisk them out of the way of eager little hands!!!

8 comments:

viera said...

I love your idea, you are so creative. I have a huge collection of crystal from Czechoslovakia. Lot of them was also wedding presents (kind of tradition there) and older I get I appreciate it more and more.

Catherine said...

So simple, yet so pretty. Love your squishy, comfy looking couch in the background too.
Catherine

Kimberlee said...

LOVE!!! - I'm currently babysitting my god daughters parents (still with me?!) tiffany crystal candlesticks they got as a wedding gift while they sell their house..... I'm hoping they forget I'm babysitting them.....
$5 limit!?! - I'm sending you some cash to get me some at the price - nice! xx

MelsRosePlace said...

That looks charming. I would love to start collecting something like that. I was collecting rose paintings but have changed my decor a bit so will keep an eye out if i see any. Mel xxx

A-M said...

Exquisitely beautiful! .... and such forward thinking with the tray... little hands... you become so quick off your feet don't you! A-M xx

Millie said...

Oh you are so disciplined - $5 wow!
What a great idea - might just have to 'borrow' it immediately!
Millie ^_^

Miss Kris said...

Hi~ I found you through the lovely Villa Anna. I was captivated by your photo of the crystal and the pretty flowers. Beautiful picture!!! & Lovely idea!:)
Miss Kris

OLIVEAUX said...

Stunning! Love your display & such a great idea. Amanda x