Friday, December 5, 2008

dreaming of snow...


We have had a few particularly hot and steamy days this week, and I am dreaming of snow! I love cold Christmases -  we had one the year we lived in Budapest and it was just magical with the snow falling as we woke up on Christmas morning. For those of us who won't be getting anywhere near the snow this year I thought I would share with you one of my favourite websites, Make-a-Flake. This site lets you cut a virtual paper snowflake without getting hundreds of little bits of paper all over the floor like we usually do at my place! Have a look at the gallery where you can see all the amazing snowflakes people have made - some by folk who definitely have too much time on their hands! The one above was cut by my ten year old. Have a go, but a warning... it is almost impossible to stop at one!

7 comments:

Catherine said...

I've been getting my snow fix by visiting some of those gorgeous Swedish blogs out there - it makes me want to hop on the plane for a white, Swedish Christmas.

Kimberlee said...

We are quite lucky down here in Adelaide, still quite mild. I promise I'm still going to do my 7 things, just still putting it together. Have a fabulous weekend ladies x

Miss Aimee said...

I love your blog. Very pretty.

citysage said...

Wowee so cool! I've been wanting to try doing some linoleum block prints of snowflakes, and these would make great design templates! Thanks for the fab find and for another great week of inspiration ladies! have a fab weekend :)

Millie said...

Oh I can hardly wait to have a go! BTW Trina over @ lalalovelythings featured your lovely handing display images in a post this week & they look fab!
Millie ^_^

vicki archer said...

I dream of snow too - maybe I will be lucky this year. Thank you for your lovely comments on French Essence.

OLIVEAUX said...

I agree...snow would be a nice change to the heat we have been having. I love your wrapping! Amanda x