Monday, December 1, 2008

let the countdown begin...

The countdown to Christmas has begun and we thought we would post a few very quick and easy advent calendar ideas that can be made in minutes. It is lovely to make something special that can be used every year but, if like me, you have run out of time or you are just after a change, here are a few advent calenders you can make in under half an hour.


All you need for this idea is some paper doilies, ribbon and pegs. We also used some circles cut from brown paper bags and some white number stickers. The doilies are cut in half and shaped into a flattened cone shape.


Here is a matchbox advent calendar. If you don't have piles of matchboxes lying around or can't be bothered covering the ones you have, these white matchboxes are available in craft stores everywhere. We bought ours in Riot where they were just a few dollars for a pack of ten. Tied up with ribbon and hung them on some branches with a little numbered tags they can easily fit a couple of lollies, a special note or a symbol of the Christmas story.



This one is definately the easiest of the three - takes a matter of minutes. These mini muffin trays have 24 holes, and filled with numbered cup cake cases and with our favourite mini Lindt balls, they create the perfect excuse to nibble your way to Christmas.

9 comments:

Porchlight Interiors said...

What gorgeous ideas! I love that you can put yummy Lindt balls in instead of the average chocolate they use in the shopbought advent calenders. Tracey x

Catherine said...

Now these are ideas even a craft-hopeless person like me can put together!
Thanks for the tag - I feel most chuffed that you asked me. I'm gathering some photos and will post later this week.
Enjoy the rest of your week ladies!
Catherine xx

Moderncountry said...

Beautiful Ideas!! The first one is my favourite, simple and yes, white and bright :)

Greetings from Norway!
Aina

please sir said...

So cute! I love these ideas!

MelsRosePlace said...

What super cutie ideas...am going to pinch some if thats ok! I HATE thos bloomin Bratz/tacky ones so this year will make my own like yours but will have to start a few days late! Mel xx

Kimberlee said...

Thanks ladies, somehow I think mine would up 'up sized' lindt balls, mini ones are never enough!!! x

Solange said...

what great ideas and projects you always share with us. I never thought of using cupcakes...!
have a great week, and thanks,

Solange

Fiona Taylor said...

Now there are some great & simple ideas. This is most certainly a great place to come for inspiration...thanks girls :)

OLIVEAUX said...

I love all your gorgeous ideas, I will have to try some of them - a great way to keep my daughter occupied now school holidays have started. Amanda x