Monday, January 12, 2009

fresh flowers...


We were chatting the other day, while flicking through some interior books, about how every photograph that we loved had a bunch of fresh flowers, or some potted greenery in it somewhere.  Flowers bring life, colour, fragrance and style to a room and we would love to fill our house with them! 

I have lived in two houses in which I have been able to indulge in my love of flowers. In the beautiful rental house in Melbourne that we lived in, the owner had planted an amazing garden full of lilies, roses and cottage garden flowers.   Whatever the season, I was able to find something pretty to fill a vase.  While we were in  Budapest we lived just down the road from a gorgeous group of flower stalls where I was able to buy bunches of 14 tulips for about $4!

JJ picked up these beautiful flowers at the flower markets over the weekend (one of her favourite things to do early on a Saturday morning) and don't they look beautiful displayed with some candles in pretty tealights holders and a couple of shells?  

5 comments:

Catherine said...

One of my new year's resolution was to buy more flowers, but I haven't done it yet! These are so happy looking.

ness lockyer said...

They look great. I love the smell that fills the house when it is loaded with flowers.
Ness xx

Kimberlee said...

gorgeous pics ladies. my favourite indulgence is fresh flowers in the home x

pinkstilettos said...

Hey- I just wanted to say thank you for you kind words about my blog. I remember reading yours a few times before- I really like it! Also, these flowers are so pretty! Have a nice day! Daisy~

World Amazing Wallpapers said...

wow, really very nice and beautiful fresh flowers and roses pictures and good information too. I think fresh flowers are really good gift for all occasion. Now a days people can send flowers to india and any other countries of the world.