Friday, January 23, 2009

while our backs were turned...


While we know that we are very blessed to work from home with our kids around us, it is not always easy.  Some days there are tears, tantrums and many spills and messes to clear up. Other times, the children play quietly together, especially if they get involved in a craft activity which they call "their mondo cherry work"!  But quietness is not always a good thing as we found out the other day while were doing  some planning.  My little Jemima emerged from the bedroom with lipstick all over the bottom half of her face and neck. She had also 'painted' her sister's bedding and bedside table. To make matters worse, the lippy she had used was not any old lipstick but the very red, super stayfast, impossible to remove lipstick that I keep for ballet concerts. No wonder she is looking a little sheepish in the photo! Sorry about the quality of the photo - it was taken very quickly before the face could be wiped in my white slipcovers.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh my goodness! I think it is a rite of passage to have at least one of these incidents as a child! But not so much fun for us adults. Good luck with the cleanup...

A-M said...

Oh the little darling. How could you be mad. I could eat her, she's so gorgeous. A-M xx

lily-g said...

I'm hearing you!!! but she is just so gorgeous