Wednesday, February 18, 2009

blogging here and blogging there...

Catherine, the author of the very stylish blog Simply Natural, has challenged us to reveal to the world where we are when we blog. As part of the challenge we have to tell you a little bit about what you see in the photos, so here goes.

Blogging here at mondo cherry is a very fluid affair. Although I mostly do the typing and photo loading etc, JJ is often part of the process contributing ideas, revisions and constructive criticism (gotta love family!) and Susieq has been known to chip in via Skype.  Most of the time, blogging happens at my place, often as a break from working. Usually the dining table becomes our worktable - after an hour or so it is almost impossible to see the tabletop as we are not the neatest of workers! Bits of fabric, scraps of paper and card and trials of new ideas get everywhere. 


The yellow walls are my landlord's choice, not mine. We bought the chairs with the intention of painting them white, but now quite like them the way they are. Also in the photo are some of our artwork (vintage paper flowers), some beaded fabric cards and my trusty sewing machine - a 21st birthday present which works perfectly until the very last few stitches of a project at which point it decides to start misbehaving! I usually forget about the cup of tea until it goes cold, but then drink it anyway.

We are sometimes to be found creating at blogging at JJ's place, after all, she has the cool cubby house.  There we blog at her shelving unit, away from the mess, which has baskets of toys, neatly labelled underneath her books.  Above these are picture shelves which display black and white family photos and other decorative items.


For the next few weeks a lot of blogging may be done like this...


My hubby and I have just bought a house, which is very exciting as we have been renters for the 12 years we have been married. I can't wait to be able to put up a picture hook without applying for permission first!

The rules are...  Once you are tagged, post a picture of where you blog.  Free free to tell us a little about your space, or explain certain items in more detail, or not. Tag five other bloggers to show their blog spots.

We are tagging these lovely bloggers and looking forward to seeing their photos!


13 comments:

vicki archer said...

Fun post - loved seeing where it all happens, xv.

Catherine said...

Hey thanks for taking up the challenge! And congratulations of your home purchase - how exciting!
By the way, JJ's shelving and family photos looks fabulous.

viera said...

I enjoyed reading this post. Your photo galery looks great! Love it.
And exciting news about the HOUSE.!! My Congratulations.
XXXX\V

citysage said...

Thank you for the tag my darlings! And congrats on the new house---what fun it will be to no longer be a renter!

It may take me a bit to grab some good photos of my space, but rest assured I am up to the challenge :)

Kimberlee said...

thanks darlings - now I need a serious makeover of the home to show you where I blog.... kidding! - be prepared though - eeks! Promise to get to it over the weekend.

congrats on the house purchase. My aunty and uncle are currently in the process of renovating a queenslander they just bought - complete with lead paint and rusted roof... hopefully I can post on their progress x

happy sparrow said...

hello lovely mondos!!! i look forward to the challenge of showing you where I blog!!:) Martine

Lee said...

Congrats on the new house! How exciting. Love your blogging spaces.

Thanks also for visiting my blog & letting me know about the Midwest Modern book - I'll keep an eye out for it.

Kimberlee said...

Hello Beautifuls, me again - reading the post again - after 12 years this is so super exciting. And your gallery of family photos is just stunning. I'm needing some serious life changes right now,and one idea is moving to the sunny state where I have family (my mum's side of the family reside in QLD) - we might be swapping box stories sooner than we know! Love you girls xx

Matroskin said...

I love your colourful blog! And this idea of showing where you blog, great.

OLIVEAUX said...

Such exciting news to read about your new house...Love JJ's collection of B+W photo's. Amanda x

Millie said...

Fabulous post - & delighted to hear about the house news Clare! Welcome to the wonderful world of paying off your kid's inheritance for them!
Millie ^_^

Amanda said...

Clare, that is such wonderful news! Congrats to you and your family, I bet the kidlets are super excited about the new house.

Hopefully someday soon we'll own a home of our own too.

Have a lovely weekend.
Amanda xx

PS. Thanks for the tag, it was great seeing where all the magic happens. I promise to get onto it soon!

Miss Jo said...

oh my i love the shelving, beautiful!