Friday, February 6, 2009

no calorie donuts...



While surfing the world of blogs, JJ stumbled across a link to a tutorial for making felt donuts on Restyled Home.  In the mood for making something that had nothing to do with mondo cherry, she raided the cupboard for scraps of felt and this is the result... some gorgeous new pretend food for the playroom kitchen. The kids are playing donut shops with them at this very moment (with susiq as their Grandma, a love of donuts is in the blood). They were simple to make, although quite time consuming, and extremely addictive. You can find the tutorial here.

Having had her fill of donuts, JJ did a search for felt food on Flickr and came across a whole world of gastronomic felt delights.  Check out Umecraft's Etsy shop for some great patterns. The detail is unbeliveable!

12 comments:

Amanda said...

They are super cute. I love felt too, it's one of my favourite things.

Your photos are always so beautifully styled Clare. Have a lovely weekend. xx

OLIVEAUX said...

I love felt and these are adorable! Have a fabulous weekend. Amanda x

LexyB said...

Yum. I feel skinny just looking ...

ness lockyer said...

They look awesome...you should sell them to Jenny Craig!
Ness xx

Porchlight Interiors said...

Look like lots of fun even for the adults! Hayley

Rachael said...

Yum!

Kimberlee said...

You seriously blow me away everytime - they are fabulous. And donuts are so my fav. I used to be a chocolate iced donut girl but lately its been all about the sprinkles. have a gorgeous weekend xx

vicki archer said...

They make me want to bite into some real ones! Nothing like Aussie donuts ( especially with the pink icing on top), xv.

lily-g said...

now that is my kind of donut looks great with out the calories x (but then again...)

A-M said...

They look so real! Oh for a sweet, sticky donut right now! A-M xx

Millie said...

Just want to reach into the computer & grab one! That JJ - is there no end to her talents!
Millie ^_^

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Toooo perfect.... :-) I looked for the tutorial, but I can't find it. I HAVE to make some of these!

Warm blessings,
Spencer