Monday, February 16, 2009

snapshots from Dubai...

As we have mentioned, Susieq is back from Dubai for a couple of weeks holiday. Going through her photos we found these interesting shots that she took at the Global Village, a temporary market showcasing work from all over the world. 

Don't these embroidered shoes look amazing all piled up on top of one another?

Stacks of fabric in beautiful colours.  Susieq has found that while there are plenty of fabric shops, finding a simple cotton is like looking for a needle in a haystack!

4 comments:

Catherine said...

I hope Susieq had a great time. I've heard it's a fascinating place.
Clare, I hope you don't mind but I tagged you to post about where you blog.

Ravenhill said...

Oh, this all looks marvelous! So bright and beautiful! Happy holidays!

katiecrackernuts said...

I lived in Vietnam for a wee moment in time and found that going to look for fabric to take to the tailor was overwhelming. I look at piles like that and just can't make a decision.

magi said...

Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u


Display Fridges Melbourne