Friday, March 20, 2009

Easter entertaining...

Since moving back to Brisbane just over 3 years ago, it has become tradition to have a combined family Easter lunch at our house. The food usually takes care of itself - the boys are in charge of the BBQ and everyone brings a favourite salad - so all I really need to plan is the decorations, which luckily happens to be my favourite part.

Last year I painted miniature plant pots fairly roughly and then planted grass seed in them about 3 weeks before Easter.


The year before I modified a Martha Stewart idea and converted blown eggs into pastel bunnies with some crepe paper and cup cake holders, one for each plate.


Three years ago I shaped a ring out of wire and then wrapped thread around feathers to create a feather wreath. Empty egg shells used as vases for tiny flowers finished off the centres.


This year's theme is still a surprise (to me as well!) but I love the whole process of flicking through old magazine cuttings, browsing the internet and coming up with a scheme, so I am looking forward to getting started.

JJ has been busy decorating her house with Easter vignettes and trees. This pastel arrangement looks beautiful on her dining table.


6 comments:

Porchlight Interiors said...

Wow, I'm absolutely impressed by how organised you are for Easter! Great ideas! Tracey xx

A-M said...

Oh so cute. Fantastic ideas! A-M xx

abeachcottage said...

great ideas, they all look gorgeous...

you are very impressive, moving & getting ready for Easter, I don't think I could move my blog at the moment, let alone home

how exciting though to have your own home

Sarah

Catherine@Simply Natural said...

Hope you have fun coming up with ideas - you have to live up to your past stylish efforts!
Hope you enjoy the weekend in your new home.
Catherine xx

viera said...

Girls I envy your creative energy. So clever .I can not believe Easter is knocking on the door. Really? It was yesterday I decorated the house for Christmas. Have a wonderful weekend.
X
V

Leigh said...

Your ideas are so beautiful and clever - I'm very envious of your creativity. Thank you for your lovely comments and for adding my link - it's much appreciated. Leigh