Friday, March 13, 2009

a frame for display...


You have got to love aqua jewellery! It just looks so fresh and beautiful paired with white ,and definitely provides a bit of a lift on the days when the dark circles are showing. We also love how funky aqua looks paired with red. JJ's husband, Lucas, adapted this beautiful antique frame using some small grid chicken wire stapled on the back - a perfect place to hang earrings as well as necklaces and bracelets with the addition of some little butcher's hooks. While taking this photo we were indulging in a bit of daydreaming about how beautiful 4 or 5 of these would look, hung together, each with a single colour story of jewellery.


Next on our wish list for aqua jewellery are these free-form bangles from Dinosaur Designs.

5 comments:

Camilla at home said...

I like the idea very much!! Have a great weekend:)

citysage said...

Oooh---lovely way to display such gorgeous pieces! I just might have to do this myself. And how fun would it be to paint the frame an 'out there' colour like glossy bubble gum pink? I'd keep it in my closet and get a little fun burst of color every time I opened the door!

Shannon Fricke said...

I do, I do love aqua jewellery. And what a lovely way to display it...
sx

LexyB said...

Beautiful colours! Cute display

SimplyGrove said...

I love this display!!!!!