Thursday, March 19, 2009

the highs and lows of moving...


The lack of posts so far this week is due to the fact that I have been practically buried in packing boxes. The black circles under the eyes, sore backs and sniffy noses (from all the uncovered dust!) are our 'moving house' symptoms, but there are definite advantages to compensate for the whole palaver. Behind all the bookcases and other furniture that never got moved I discovered long lost socks, missing puzzle pieces and just about every hairband that I have bought for my girls in the last 3 years! And unpacking the kitchen boxes has resulted in an exciting reacquaintance with forgotten about items that had been stuck at the back of a corner cabinet that was impossible to get in to.

13 boxes down.... too scared to look at how many to go!

8 comments:

LexyB said...

Ah, the delights of moving! I'll hopefully be doing it myself in a few weeks. Can't wait. (NOT)

the happy sparrow said...

I hope your shift has gone well Claire! Thinking of you:)

paper aeroplane said...

Oh I feel your pain!! Unpacking always seems never ending. Rip it off like a band aid, over and done with quickly! And remember it's always so rewarding to sit back and look at all your hard work at the end. Have fun! ;)

Lee said...

I love your positive take on moving! It sounds as though there's light at the end of the tunnel (hopefully!!) and that the move is nearly at an end.

vicki archer said...

Good luck and imagine all the fun with the arranging afterwards. Hope you are having a good throw out too! xv

A-M said...

Oh you are so positive about it all. I am going to take a leaf out of your book and approach my move in the same way! I am looking forward to culling as I go. I am so not a hoarder... good for the soul. A-M xx

Helenna said...

So much to catch up on after our 1 week holiday. Loving your painted rocks and the white frame jewelry display! Your place sounds like mine regarding all the hairbands and puzzle pieces.

Helenna x

Millie said...

Happy moving Claire - I'm so excited that you'll be in your own home soon. Deep breaths & it will all be over soon & delegate, delegate, delegate!
Millie ^_^