Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday blues...


JJ and I are suffering from a bad case of Monday-itus today.  I hardly seem to be making a dent in the number of boxes I have yet to pack, and I haven't even started on all those little cleaning jobs that need to be done when you leave a rental.  JJ's hubby has been working late nights and weekends and she is desperate for a break. So, we are transporting ourselves into the pages of Island Life by India Hicks, and dreaming of the sound of the ocean breaking on the shore, the smell of frangipani flowers and coconut milk, and the sight of crisp linen floating in the breeze. 


JJ has made it closer than me with this gorgeous coral light she bought the other day, and we think susieq is a whole lot nearer with a beach full of shells just a short walk from her apartment in Dubai! Where are you transporting yourself today?


8 comments:

Porchlight Interiors said...

Sounds like a good plan. Good luck with all the packing!

Catherine said...

I don't envy you...moving house is so stressful. But soon you will be in your lovely new home.

paper aeroplane said...

Packing is the worst job! Just think of all those treasures you will get to find spots for in your new home though! Island Life is my favourite book, it sits beside my couch and I pick it up and flick through it often. Have fun! Shanyn xo

Helenna said...

Try and think of the positives of moving. It's usually a great time to declutter as you have to go through all your posessions. The coral light is just beautiful and I'm curious about the book. I hope your move goes smoothly.

katiecrackernuts said...

There's a good case of Mondayitis going around. I hope Tuesday looks more rosey for you.

Lee said...

Sounds like the perfect escape from the Monday moving out blues!

the happy sparrow said...

I'm transporting myself to sleepland:) I hope the packing is going well - congrats on your soon to be new house! Love Martine

lily-g said...

I hate packing too, think of it as a bit of spring cleaning. Good luck on the move x