In light of yesterday's blog, it may seem strange that we have managed to find the time to do something as useless as painting stones. We have to tell you though that this is a very addictive pastime. Do not be put off by the pet rock you may have created as a child... by keeping the painting simple and graphic these stones have potential for some stylish uses.
- you could spell out names for place settings for a dinner party, or the names of cheeses or dips on a platter,
- a larger heavier stone could be decorated and use as a paper weight,
- you could label a herb in a pot with its name,
- a mixed bunch like this make a lovely tactile display for a coffee table,
- one would make a great addition to a present, tied on the top with a name or simple phrase
- it would fun to leave a message for a loved one with a little quote or a meaningful symbol.
If you are not too handy with a paint brush, do as we did and use a black "Sharpie". Much easier to add in the fine details! We are still experimenting with white paint on dark rocks - we will post a few pictures of those when we are happy with them.