Wednesday, April 29, 2009

no tea for me...


I have loved tea and coffee since Mum (susieq) used to let us have very weak and milky cups with our high-tea on a Sunday afternoon as children. Since my Uni days I have been a coffee drinker in the mornings and a tea drinker in the afternoons and usually have a cup on the go. For the last few months, however, there has been no tea for me, and no coffee either - I just can't bear the taste. It has coincided with a distinct weight gain and a definite craving for hamburgers. Yes, you've guessed it... I'm pregnant. Another precious little bub to add to our five gorgeous children and just as soon as I get over the horrible morning/lunchtime/night sickness the excitement will kick in! I'm due around the end of October and early bets are that it is a boy given the hamburger cravings and the amount of orange juice I have been drinking (similar cravings to when I was pregnant with my sons). Boy or girl, either way, it is going to be one much loved little baby.

16 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness Clare, that is wonderful news! You are a super mum! Best wishes for the remainder of your pregnancy, I look forward to sharing this journey with you.

x Amanda

Leigh said...

Congratulations on this wonderful news! Hope the morning!*! sickness passes soon.

Leigh

viera said...

Oooh Clare, what an exiting news. It's wonderful.My congratulation and best wishes.
XX
Viera

Lee said...

Congratulations! And I hope that you get your taste for tea back again soon. Lee :)

Catherine@Simply Natural said...

Clare you are such an amazing woman! You obviously have so much love to give, and boundless energy - I can only look on in awe! Congratulations and I hope the morning sickness passes soon!

vicki archer said...

Congratulations - so exciting, what could be more wonderful? xv

A-M said...

Oh how absolutely wonderful! How exciting! I hope your morning sickness passes soon. Congratulations! A few hamburgers won't hurt! I built one baby entirely on cheerios!.... and I was working as a Dietitian at the time! A-M xx

the happy sparrow said...

Hi there Clare! I am so excited for you! It was so lovely seeing you the other day,
Much Love, Martine

Kimberlee said...

Oh wow - congratulations beautiful, very exciting. look after yourself and I hope the sickness passes soon xx

Tamsyn said...

Congratulations, I hope you feel better soon!!

Beach Vintage said...

Congrats. What a fab excuse to eat hamburgers!

OLIVEAUX said...

Congratulations - such wonderful news! Take care and have a lovely weekend. Amanda x

Millie said...

A few days away from my Blogging pals & you have this amazing news Clare - another little Cherry Pip to love, woopee! I'm delighted for you all & hope that your 24-hour sickness disappears quickly. The male who named it Morning Sickness should be hunted to the ends of the earth & made to sit in front of the millions of us who've experienced it & feel our displeasure!
Millie ^_^

Helenna said...

What wonderful news to read! I am in awe of how you manage with such a large family already. You must be a super organised lady. Congratulations!
xxx

Gabrielle said...

that is wonderful news! wow!
congratulations!

x from
http://summerpicnicwedding.blogspot.com/

Peg and Kate said...

Thats wonderful news. Im very happy for you. Hope the sickness passes quickly. Cathy