Tuesday, May 12, 2009

and baby made 3...

May is a very busy month for birthdays at my place. 11 years ago today I gave birth to my first baby, a little boy who we called Lachan. Born 4 weeks early, he looked a little like a drowned rat, but I thought he was the most gorgeous baby ever! I think there is a lot of anticipation with first babies as to what half of Mum and half of Dad is going to look like. After all the work I put in being pregnant and then the fun of labour, Lachlan resembled me not at all! As he has grown, Lachlan continues to be more like his father, except for his negotiation (otherwise known as argumentative) skills and the way he always has his nose in a book. Sorry for passing that on Lachie.

Thanks for being neither too old nor too cool to give your Mum a big cuddle - long may you stay that way. Happy Birthday!

from this...
to this...

4 comments:

A-M said...

Oh he's gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LACHLAN! A-M xx

Millie said...

What a heart-breaker he'll be! Our Lachie is 27 & still a hand-full for his Mum & a star with all the girls!
Millie ^_^

Beach Vintage said...

What a beautiful son you have.

gdaybeautiful said...

I too have an 11 year old boy, only he's the baby of the family. Enjoy the cuddles before they get too cool, I am. He is a great looking boy!