Wednesday, May 13, 2009

for my wall...


We are often so busy creating artwork for other people, that decorating our own walls is put on the "to do later" list. However, this is one mondo cherry artwork that is staying at my place. I have a blank wall in my new dining room that will be perfect for this very large canvas (over 2 meteres long). Covered with a beautiful black and white Marimekko fabric that we all fell in love with, it has been given the mondo cherry signature hand stitched sequins and beads to add lots of texture and sparkle. Talk about a labour of love - my arms nearly fell off trying to reach the middle parts! Now I just need to get the very blue walls of my new house painted so we can hang it up.


7 comments:

Beach Vintage said...

This is beautiful bold and elegant.

Helenna said...

How fantastic! My husband asked me to paint something for our bedroom but I think embelishing a beautiful piece of fabric might be just the way to go! Thanks for the inspiration.
x

Leigh said...

Wow - this is fabulous and beautiful!

OLIVEAUX said...

Fabulous! Ax

vicki archer said...

This will look gorgeous in your dining room, xv.

compulsively compiled said...

Beautiful! I look forward to seeing pictures of it when it has been hung.

glimpse of my world said...

Very beautiful.. Congrats on the magazine! I read it often..