Tuesday, May 19, 2009

shades of blue and green...


There is something about rows of paint chips in a hardware store, so beautifully arranged by colour, that draws us to them like mice to cheese (very appropriate analogy for today as we saw a real mouse this morning - eek!). We can't help pocketing a few little samples as we like to use them for colour combination ideas and just because we find them so inspiring. Our latest little collection of blues and greens are so fresh and pretty and they prompted us to flick through our vintage paper collection for more subtle shades of these colours. Here they are as 3D blooms with white fabric covered button centres ready to be framed and added to our website.


4 comments:

Beach Vintage said...

I always grab the colour chips from the paint shop. I love them too. Love the 3D blooms.

Lee said...

These blue/green flowers look positively gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

vicki archer said...

Such sweet flowers and wonderful shades - those colours make me think of Australia for some reason, xv.

compulsively compiled said...

I have so many color swatches and I just know that one of these days inspiration is going to hit and I am going to come up with a fantastic art project to use them in. There are many that I really love.