Tuesday, June 2, 2009

flashbacks from flowers...


I was thrilled to receive the gorgeous painted tumblers I bought from Brown Button Trading, the delightful Kimberlee's new-ish shop. I had put them on my list of ideas for a Mother's Day present, but although I had little notes scattered around the house I was given breakfast in bed instead. So, I did what anyone would do and went and bought them for myself!

The beautiful colours and folksy design remind me of the holidays we spent in Switzerland when JJ and I were young. We used to visit in the spring when the wild flowers were just incredible and if I close my eyes I can picture the spectacular scenery, cold mountain streams and perfectly stacked woodpiles and can even hear the cow bells and the 'daggy' songs we used to sing (sorry Dad!) as we hiked along. Suiseq bought us matching blouses with flower embroidery which we were very proud of, and it is extra special that they have lasted so well they are now being worn by my daughters.


5 comments:

Amanda said...

One on behalf of each of your children! What a great mama you are! x

We are hosting an exchange student this July, she comes from Switzerland. We are all very excited!

Suzy said...

Cute tumblers & shirts!

Kimberlee said...

So glad you love the tumblers, they are so much fun and I have to make sure I keep some for myself! (thanks for the shout out bella!)

and those blouses? oh my goodness, so so beautiful. Amanda over at Swish and Swanky had something similar framed for her daughters room (i think) - love the idea xx

Stylestance said...

How sweet and lovely those tumblers and blouses are, as is your blog. Thank you for sharing ...

Beach Vintage said...

I bought these same mugs. Aren't they just beautiful.