Friday, July 3, 2009

clip art...



I bought these clip boards to hang above a low bookcase in a downstairs hallway with the intention of using them for the children's artwork. However, after JJ came round and we started experimenting with these beautiful botanical prints, I may just have to get a few more for upstairs to display my own favourite pictures.

These exquisite watercolour drawings are from a 1906 book called The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady by Edith Holden. I found a republished version from 1976 in a worse-for-wear condition and therfore didn't mind tearing some pages out like this. Luckily I also have another edition which will remian intact!





We posted not long ago about some more clipboards that we covered for bills etc - we don't have an obsession, honestly! For people like us who love to change and update our interiors as the mood takes us, they are a wonderfully easy way to add a new display in an instant, without having to change the hooks on the wall every time.

11 comments:

Kylie said...

Wow! This looks so amazing - I love it!!! You've got the music in your soul, babe - this is sheer genius! :) K

Cyma said...

They look great! I have a couple of clipboards hanging in my kitchen too but they are stuffed with all sorts of bills and tidbits, no where as neat as your fabulous display.
have a great weekend!

Brabourne Farm said...

Love the way you've made boring old clipboards into something lovely - they look fabulous! Leigh

Porchlight Interiors said...

What a gorgeous idea! I love the botanical prints too! Tracey xx

Beach Vintage said...

I adore this idea. Great look.

Irene ~ RE~VINTAGED said...

I always loved this book and received one in the 70's for Christmas. Nice idea for display :)
Irene x

Pearl Maple said...

Great way to create a quick and easy gallery and don't the botanic prints look fabulous that way.

Christina said...

Love this! Fantastic idea and those prints are to die for.

viera said...

What an inovative presentation. Love it!
XX
V

Vintage Modern Girl said...

what a lovely blog you have! i also use vintage clipboards to hang art, but alas, they do not look as good as yours!

Mike said...

I love the idea of putting art on clipboards then hanging them up around your home.