Tuesday, July 21, 2009

vintage bedspread...


I was so pleased when I found this old crocheted bedspread in a second hand shop for a bargain price. I love having an all white bed - I think it is because it is a little place of tranquility in the chaos of my 5 child household! We bought this bed a few years ago from Laura Ashley and the curvy shapes really appealed. The beauty of the bedspread (apart from its good looks) is that it hides all the dust that accumulates underneath! The blue peeling walls were bequeathed to us by the previous owner - we are painting them slowly.... very slowly.

I have a slightly smaller crocheted piece that I use as a tablecloth and I love the contrast of the white against the wood. I have seen photos of these tablecloths/bedspreads dyed in a beautiful French grey colour and am on the search for another one to experiment on!

Sorry Mum (susieq), I know the pillowcases aren't ironed, I need you to come home and look after me!

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

That looks sooo pretty...you can never go wrong with all white bed linen...I have white on all of our beds..I love it....I think that I might have neglected you lately...sorry.. I'm quite new to this and find that I spend nearly all day , writing a post ,looking at posts, and commeting on posts...and then the day is gone so I will try to do better. XXXX

Lee said...

Don't worry about the unironed pillow cases, that bed and bedspread are absolutely gorgeous. I think I'd feel like a princess going to sleep in that lovely bed night after night. Mmmm, I'd better go and make my own bed & try and pretty it up. Lee :)

vicki archer said...

The bedspread is beautiful and I love the way you have placed it over white, xv.

Anonymous said...

I came across your crocheted bedspread and fell in love with it. The white iron bed is perfect for it as well.
Red Chenille