Monday, August 24, 2009

doily bunting...






How pretty are paper doilies? Having gone through a bit of a 'daggy' phase, they have made a revival of late and have moved beyond the cake plate. We just love them for their pretty delicate patterns. Cut in half and machine stitched together they make a super quick and simple bunting which looks very pretty strung through some trees for a garden party. They also look very effective strung across a window, especially with a contrast of a dark night sky showing up the pretty cut-out patterns beautifully.

If you are not into stitching you could always tape or clip them together, although we just feed them through the sewing machine using a straight stitch and leaving some thread at both ends to tie them up with. Along with finding beautiful doilies at specialty kitchen stores, you can usually find equally gorgeous ones at cheap discount stores for a fraction of the cost!

7 comments:

Beach Vintage said...

Great result. I am using this idea for my daughters birthday party shortly.

Cyma said...

Great idea, would surely be using it!

The Consummate Hostess said...

Very nice! I love it.

Kylie said...

What a fabulous idea! Love it :) K

Rita said...

I will use this idea for my baby birthday this year. THanks for suggesting this.

Rita


Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

The Princess & The Pea said...

I LOVE this idea for a garden party! Beautiful AND affordable, it's a keeper.

Amanda said...

What a great idea! I am obsessed with paper doilies at the moment, and this just feeds my craze!