Tuesday, August 11, 2009

our morning's work...



This morning we have been busy working on a large canvas for a friend. Covered in Marimekko's beautiful Unikko print in the largest size, this is certainly going to add the wow factor to her wall. We have been creating texture and sparkle by hand stitching sequins and beads, concentrating on centres of the poppies. These photos were taken early on - we are much further along now and will post photos when complete. We don't put these large scale canvases on our website as we only make them to order, but please contact us if you are interested.

It is a public holiday in Brisbane tomorrow for the EKKA (Exhibition/show) - wouldn't life be wonderful if every Wednesday was a public holiday?!

7 comments:

Ros said...

Lovely canvas! I purchased some of your gift cards from the markets on the weekend and I just adore them - I can't bring myself to give them away!

Airelle said...

i love the Unikko myself (i have lots and lots of Marimekko things done in that print) but it's fun and a bit bizarre to see it so far away from our northern mother land!
your job on it is lovely too and i'm sure it will be breath taking as a wall canvas. if i had great big windows i would love to use this print on curtains. when drawn it would be like a big canvas.

Thea said...

I have always loved this print. Wow! Who knew it could be made better?

Kimberlee said...

Can't wait to see the finished product. Two of my favourite things together - sequins and marimekko, yay! xx

Peg and Kate said...

Looks beautiful girls.

vicki archer said...

Wonderful work, I love it...Have a wonderful weekend, xv.

Courtney said...

Looks beautiful so far! I'm excited to see it when it's all done.