Monday, August 10, 2009

rather her than me...


While I was enjoying a relaxing morning behind our stall at the Boutique Markets, with my lovely friend Anna helping, JJ also spent the morning in the sun, but in a slightly more energetic way. Convinced by her husband that 14 kms would be an easy run, they flew down to Sydney to participate in the City to Surf run. Record numbers of 74,000 people competed in this event with the winner crossing the finish line before JJ and Lucas, quite a deal further back in the crowds, had even crossed the starting line! Labeled by her school physical education teacher as "no Raylene Boyle!" (Legendary Australian Olympic Athlete), I am so proud of JJ for training hard four mornings a week, and managing to run the entire distance apart from treacherous "Heartbreak Hill".

2 comments:

Amanda said...

No Raylene Boyle indeed! Well done JJ. Running and me - no great friends I'm afraid, so I really admire your efforts.
Amanda

Brabourne Farm said...

JJ deserves a very large medal. I used to live on the run route and got tired just looking at the runners! Leigh