Tuesday, September 29, 2009

d.i.y vases...


It is no secret that we love having fresh flowers in our homes, but sometimes instead of using the same old vases it is fun to add something more creative or colourful to the display.

Using some scraps of material and a few old tins (baby formula, hot chocolate and soup in this case!) and our trusty double sided tape, we created these in only a few minutes. The hardest part was getting the iron out to get a neat fold on the top and bottom. Of course, you could avoid this issue by using beautiful wrapping paper or old wallpaper scraps for a similar effect.

9 comments:

the happy sparrow said...

That's a great idea - I will have to try it! The vases and flowers look beautiful :)

Sandrine said...

Very clever and gorgeous indeed!x

Jan said...

What a gorgeous trio. I shall have to put this idea on my to do list.

Porchlight Interiors said...

Very cute idea...they look gorgeous clustered together like this too! Tracey xx

Brabourne Farm said...

I love this idea as I never seem to have enough vases! Leigh

Lee said...

These look absolutely gorgeous and summery. I'm going to save my old tins and recycle them as vases. Thanks for the inspiration. Lee :)

meohmyoh said...

I am definitely going to have to try this! What fabrics are they, I love them!

A Pretty Trip said...

Great idea. So great for spring! I love love love all the colour!!

The Princess & The Pea said...

Beautiful, I love covered tins.