Friday, October 23, 2009

an adorable alphabet...




We love living in Brisbane - it has great weather which is perfect for outdoor entertaining, it is an easy city to get around, and there are lots of great places to day trip. However, originally from England, there are a couple of things we miss from that part of the world... the chocolate and donuts (they really do taste different there!), 'Boots' the chemist where you can just about buy anything, and of course the beautiful English countryside with its wild flowers. We have mentioned before that none of us have green thumbs, but even for those who do, it is almost impossible to have a pretty cottage garden in this climate. When I stumbled across these beautiful alphabet cards in a local gift shop, and saw that they had many of the flowers I remember from when I was young, I couldn't resist them. The forget-me-not is my absolute favourite. My two youngest girls love having them in their room, although it has encouraged them to stand and jump on the beds trying to spot all the little fairies that are hidden amongst the flowers!

7 comments:

A-M said...

Oh they are just gorgeous. Clever you for finding them. Are you still with us, still in one piece? How long now? I'm getting very excited for you! A-M xx

koralee said...

Just found your lovely blog and I am in love. I adore those alphabet cards..I remember seeing them somewhere before ...now I really want them. Off to visit some more of your past posts.

Sew Sue said...

I love the fairies in the garden wall art. Not long now for baby to make an appearance. Good luck. Sue

Sew Sue said...

Found the Wall Art Fairies on a web site: www.liltulips.com Just wish I could find them on sale in the UK. Will contiue to look for them. Lots of other nice products on there that you may like.

the happy sparrow said...

The flower alphabet is so beautiful! I love the pictures of your daughters room :) so lovely and dreamy :)
Love Martine

Sandrine said...

SO pretty!x

plushka said...

Your blog is full of great ideas! I love the alphabet cards and you business cards too. They are so pretty and unique! Thanks for sharing!