Tuesday, October 20, 2009

busy making business cards...



We used to have our business cards printed in the normal way, but one day we experimented with making something a little more memorable. With our beautiful little vintage pictures and our signature stitching, we wanted to produce something that hopefully people will hang on to for a little longer. The original intention was to use the nicer offcuts leftover from our artwork, but in reality we end up choosing extra cute illustrations. Yes, it takes a lot of work for a freebie, but this is one of our favourite mondocherry jobs and it gives us a real kick at the markets to see people sifting through the pile choosing their favourite card. We notice that we are giving away a lot more business cards than we used to... maybe the little bit of extra effort is worth while!

16 comments:

compulsively compiled said...

These are fantastic!

A-M said...

Oh I've got one and it is on the top of my little business card pile on my desk. Fabulous idea and so unique! A-M xx

Helenna said...

I love it! Something special for people to keep. Hopefully I'll get my own next time I visit Brisbane.
Helenna x

The Handmade Expo and Handmade Heaven said...

THese are so fabulous and worth holding on to. How very creative.

Liesa

rosaliaa said...

great idea, very original

Viera said...

Very clever, creative and unique.
I am sure your efforts will be appreciated.
X
V

Sandrine said...

Wow this is super cute and clever! I hope you are well and waiting for the news anytime now!;)Take care

Kimberlee said...

so clever and so beautiful - i'm so slack I don't even have little shop business cards. When I finally get around to it, definitely won't be as pretty as these xx

Red Door Home said...

Love, love, love this idea! I think I will have to make the effort to make my business cards more memorable!

Ravenhill said...

Oh, those are so creative and super-cute!

Beach Vintage said...

These are something people will hang onto, they are truly beautiful. The time taken maybe large but I think well worth it.

Porchlight Interiors said...

So adorable! Great way to stand out from the crowd! Tracey xx

katherine said...

What a sweet way to promote beauty in the everyday.

Millie said...

Such a fab idea! May have to try & persuade MOTH to do the same with his, which are incredibly boring & pedestrian!
Millie ^_^

melifaif said...

Those business cards are the most delightful ones I have ever seen! So lovely.

A Pretty Trip said...

They are so gorgeous! I've got one, it sits in a little bowl on my desk with a few other cards.