Friday, October 2, 2009

spring series...

While we work with both paper and fabric, we are especially loving paper cutting from pre-loved, damaged vintage books. We love the colours of the old illustrations and we just get such a buzz to see them completed in their box frames. Here are 2 we have been working on this morning - all hand cut and then stitched onto recycled card and text. We are very happy with the result.

Stay tuned for other designs in this spring series... flowers and hearts in progress below.

6 comments:

Jan said...

Wow! this is very pretty, a friend was telling me about a similar idea she was doing with paper from old greeting cards and wrapping paper.

Millie said...

Lovely to see the colours of Spring out & about via your lovely work girls! I was only gazing at my Love button print yesterday & thinking how much I adore it. Reminds me to embarass all the boys & send them a 'Mum loves you' text!
Millie ^_^

Pragya said...

So pretty!!!
I just became a follower so that I don't miss anything!

Angela Furlong said...

Just gorgeous and I love that you have found a way to recycle the beauty of vintage books x

Beach Vintage said...

Just adorable colours girls.

Floralovely said...

oh so pretty :) you girls have come up with such a beautiful idea :) Can't wait to visit you at the Boutique Markets! I want to buy one of everything!! Husband might have something to say about that though... :)