Wednesday, December 16, 2009

bargain bonanza...

Susieq has always loved searching for bargains at opportunity, thrift shops and jumble sales (very English!) As children, we loved it too and were always happy when we found the next book in the series or a cool bag for our bits and pieces. As teenagers we liked shopping in op shops less and I remember complaining about the smell and generally just wishing we could shop in new department stores instead.

However, susieq's genes are strong and we now find it hard to pass a thrift shop without stopping to have a rummage. The fun is in not knowing what you are going to find. Often we leave with nothing, and then on other trips we leave with a stash of goodies and big smiles on our faces. December has been a bumper month of cool finds for both JJ and I, and here is a selection of our latest treasures...

A little red chair has found a home in JJ's playroom...


So too has this white shelving unit, just the right size for the IKEA tea cups and (plastic) glassware...


A wooden medicine cabinet was a bargain at $3...


This unusual chair was just too adorable to leave behind - still looking for the perfect spot for this one - probably my older girls' room...


Just noticed a bit of a red and white Christmas theme happening here. Totally unintentional!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

How absolutely adorable....The Ikea dishes won my heart...I remember those years of getting my first tea set as a child...Still am Over the moon about dishes!!! Have the Merriest Christmas Ever, xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Sharnel said...

i love the ikea set. I had it in my trolley and few weeks ago, but put it back at the last minute. I had so many other things, something had to go!

the happy sparrow said...

I love all your finds! The op shopping/garage saleing gene is a strong one - I love it too! Its like treasure hunting and heaps of fun!

Millie said...

Excellent hunting trip girls- Susieq will be very proud of you! The first little red chair is a darling.
Millie ^_^

m.e (Cathie) said...

wow, what fabulous finds!!
i love good oppie find days.
love the medicine cabinet. ♥