Tuesday, December 1, 2009

the countdown has started...




There was a huge amount of excitement this morning at my house when the children realised that it was the first of December and the official countdown to Christmas had begun. I usually make an advent calendar, but in the post-Christmas sales last year I found this wooden birdhouse calendar that was calling my name! Each day of December you open one of the little doors to find a bird (a different one each day) to put on a perch. Now I just need to make the roster to organise which child gets to find the bird on which day otherwise the arguments will begin!

It isn't too late to make yourself an advent calendar to count down the days... here's what we made last year, and visit the creative advent calendar flickr pool for heaps and heaps of great ideas.

6 comments:

Sew Sue said...

How original the bird house is. Love your creativeness on everything on your site. Did my 1st Deceber blog too. Please take a look: www.s4sofa.blogspot.com

A-M said...

It's gorgeous! What fun! A-M xx

Leah said...

I want one of those! They are fabulous!

Sending Tilly my love too xoxo

Beach Vintage said...

This is the best one I have ever seen...wherever did yo get it?? Hope bubs doing OK.

the happy sparrow said...

oh Clare! This birdhouse is amazing! so beautiful! I hope little Matilda is getting stronger each day, my prayers are with you. Love lots, Martine

Ange B said...

Oh my goodness! That is the most amazing advent I have ever seen. My 5 y/o's nick name is bird...long story...would you mind telling me where you bought it please?
All the best with Tilly!
Ange