Tuesday, December 15, 2009

finishing up...

Before we take a much needed holiday over Christmas, we have been finishing off a bunch of orders. After a hugely busy few weeks getting ready for markets, we have enjoyed taking things a bit slower, and have been really enjoying the creative process and seeing the final product emerge from a pile of vintage books, some beautiful fabric, and a few simple tools. We have totally fallen for these little vintage birds which are flying off to western Queensland to their new home, and could easily have kept these artworks for our own homes.


Once the last order has been shipped off, I am looking forward to banishing all the mondo stuff back to the room where it belongs and reclaiming my dining table in preparation for Christmas - my side of the family are coming for brunch and my husband's side for dinner. A few more walls to paint, 8 stockings to hang and we will be ready! What do you still need to do around the house to get ready for Christmas?

3 comments:

Porchlight Interiors said...

So much to do to be ready for Christmas too...it feels great to put all the "work" stuff away and just enjoy a tidy house though! The pics look really sweet...love the colours you have chosen! Tracey xx

Angela Furlong said...

Yes, all a bit crazy at my end too! I just have to say that your wrapping idea with the paper doilies is gorgeous and I might just be pinching it.... Have a lovely Christmas.

Angela x

the happy sparrow said...

I love the birdies!! Also the Christmas wrapping from last year! Such a great idea!