Well, it was Clare's birthday yesterday (19th Dec), so we (JJ and Susieq) thought we'd share a few things about her that you might not know...
1) She never crawled as a baby but went straight from sitting up to walking. This didn't hinder her co-ordination as she did ballet until she was 17.
2) She can still do the splits, but struggles to get up again now...
3) 25 years ago she had the best Princess Di haircut outside of Britain. It wasn't her best look.
4) As a child she read a whole novel every night, annoying JJ no end by keeping the light on in their shared room.
5) She can recite the Books of the Bible in less than 15 seconds after learning them as a little girl.
6) She has to sleep on the side of the bed furthest away from the door - seems to be a mondo cherry thing as we all do that.
7) For all of her 6 children she put on 30 kg during each pregnancy and managed to lose the same amount after each baby - except for the last one, but as Matilda was only born 7 weeks ago we will give her a little more time...
8) In times of stress she sleep-walks and sleep-talks and once woke up to find herself in the swimming pool during a Uni exam period.
9) She has an irrational fear of mice, and although she loves them in story books, will jump on a table if she sees one in the house. She once called her husband home from work to remove one that she had watched run into the kitchen!
10) She collects Ravensburger Puzzles, especially the old ones and has a cupboard full of them.
11) She still supports England in cricket, rugby and any other sport where they may be playing against Australia.
12) She is a total wuss when it comes to scary movies. As a child she had to hide behind the sofa when watching a Tom and Jerry cartoon and not much has changed.
13) She has lived in 7 different places, and 10 houses, since getting married including stints in Hungary and in Brunei.
Happy birthday Clare!