Wednesday, December 9, 2009

what Katie did at her house...

Here is a peak into the home of another of our wonderful friends. Katie hosted our fortnightly playgroup group, Milkshake Mums, at her house yesterday and was kind enough to let us take some photos, even though she had her second child just 2 weeks ago! We love going to Katie's house, it is always so neat and inviting and she has gorgeous little displays dotted around the place. Here is just a sample of her cool, clean style..

We love the blackboard wall with chalk drawn bird, the sleek white kitchen, bi-fold windows and Eames style chair...


Beautiful painted tumblers add colour (you can find similar at Brown Button Trading)...


This doll is the inspiration for the colour scheme for new baby Sophie's room - a work in progress since Katie was waiting to see whether she had a boy or a girl before decorating...


There are few things cuter than pretty little girl's dresses hung up awaiting their wardrobe home...


An adorable soldier display in 2 year old Jack's room...


A flat fronted bookcase in which favourite books make a colourful display...


Thank you, Katie, for a wonderful morning and for letting us blog these photos!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Love the bifold over the sink - I want some now!!! Pretty dresses

Beach Vintage said...

That little rag doll is sweet.

Anonymous said...

I have been considering putting a chalkboard wall in my home and the first photo has convinced me. What a beautiful light and airy kitchen!
Karen

Maggie and Sparrow said...

just ordered myself some eames replica dinning chairs...so happy I did...but now I think I need a chalk board, beautiful pictures!

Oliveaux said...

I can see why you love visiting. She has a lovely home. Ax