Monday, January 18, 2010

brown paper + string + bottle...


Here is a quick and easy table setting for a Monday. Wrap some brown paper around little bottles (these are Italian juice bottles that you can buy in packs from the Deli but you could use jam jars or little vases too), write names on and tie them up with a bit of string. Brown paper table runners mean no washing up (hooray!) and you can have fun drawing place mats (we used a simple stencil for the corner design), writing messages or being as creative as you like. A few leaves from the garden complete the casual vibe but a beautiful flower in each bottle would look feminine and pretty. Now all you need is a crusty loaf of bread, a cheese platter, fresh salad, a selection of chutneys and a nice bottle of wine... perfect!


11 comments:

Iphigenia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachael said...

gorgeous! gorgeous! gorgeous!

Rachael

lapai said...

I wish I'd have time on Monday mornings for such beautiful setups :D But I love them and I bet they'd look awesome for a small party.

A-M said...

Oh sooo pretty. You are sooo creative. I love how you think outside the square. A-M xx

Red Door Home said...

The best ideas are often so simple. Love this!

Ness Lockyer said...

You guys are so good at thinking of other ways to use kitchen drawer items. It looks wonderful.
Ness xx

Elena said...

This is a gorgeous idea - so simple but effective..... I can just about taste that crusty bread ....

You have a lovely blog.

ciao for now,
Elena :)

Jan said...

So simple, I often use little bottles in a similar way, the brown paper and string is a lovely idea.

Mitzi Curi said...

Hi! I discovered your blog via BYW and am really enjoying your lovely images. I will spend some time reading older posts too!

Charlotta Ward said...

I think your blog is delightful, and I love that it is the creation of the three of you.
How I would love to do something like this with my sis and mother.

Off to read some more now.

xCharlotta

Che Birba said...

I love this idea! i will try to make asimilar one, thanks for inspire me!

Laura from Italy