Tuesday, February 23, 2010

what to do with cup cake cases...


We love creating objects out of bits and pieces we already have in our cupboards and drawers. Here is a pretty garland that JJ made from some flowery cup cake cases by Robert Gordon. She simply cut a little slit in the bottom of each case and threaded them on to a length of pom pom wool. You could use ribbon, twine or cotton tape instead - you would just need to tie a knot to hold each case in place. Wouldn't strands of this garland look great across a window or as decorations for a party?

7 comments:

Madison said...

That is so cute and clever! I'll be sure to use it!

the happy sparrow said...

That is such a great idea! Beautiful!

Millie said...

Better than bunting in my books! The red & white ones would be great for Chrissie decs. You are clever!
Millie ^_^

Brabourne Farm said...

Gorgeous - I love this idea! Leigh

jane said...

Too, too cute! I hope you ate the equivalent of cupcakes in the wild before stringing up these pretties ..;)

Alicia P. said...

Darling idea -- saw your photo on Ohdeedoh and just wanted to say that I really think they should actually link to your blog, and not just credit you (unless you prefer not to be linked to).

But this is adorable. :-)

Jan said...

Excellent!!! I'm going out right now to get some gorgeous red&white spotty cupcake cases I saw last week.