Tuesday, March 2, 2010

raindrops keep falling...


It has been very, very wet in Brisbane today. While JJ's youngest danced in the rain with her new rainbow umbrella, JJ and I had a productive morning working on our new bright range of artworks. Such a lot of colour certainly made up for the grey skies. The sound of pattering raindrops on my roof made a very relaxing background sound to work to, and although we would have preferred to be curled up on the sofa with a mug of hot chocolate and a good book, the feeling of having accomplished a lot was almost as good.

Too many raindrops though make me worried. Last year's flooding of the lower level of my house has made me very wary of this much rain. We are watching the radar closely and have sand bagged ourselves in...

3 comments:

A-M said...

Oh goodness Clare, that does not sound too good... sandbagging. We are also biting nails given our history... nothing so far. It can stop raining now. A-M xx

vicki archer said...

It does sound daunting Clare but that photograph is just the cutest....xv

Porchlight Interiors said...

I love rain but I have to say I'm pretty over it right now...enough already! Hopefully we will get bit of sunshine tomorrow. Tracey xx