Monday, April 12, 2010

Jean and Joyce & Buba and La....

We would love to keep these two shops our secret, but they are both so gorgeous, we thought you would like to visit them too. A couple of doors apart on Latrobe Tce, Paddington, they both set up shop late last year and are a fantastic additon to the area.

First stop is Jean and Joyce...


Jean and Joyce is so full of gorgeous homewares and stylish clothes and accessories that it is almost impossible to leave without taking something home with you. Run by a mother and daughter team, who are always welcoming, Jean and Joyce is the perfect place for a gift (Joy bought my Birthday and Christmas presents here last year!) or just to treat yourself. You might even spy a few mondocherry artworks on the walls! We currently have our eye on the beautiful bottles with bird stoppers in front of the blue vase in the photo below!


Walk a few metres up the road and you come to Buba and La...


Another family business, Buba and La is where we pop in regularly to feed our Bungalow cushion obsession! They have a lovely coffee area where we have succumbed to their delicious cup cakes, and a safe kiddies area so you can browse their range of stunning home accessories in peace! I am currently popping in every now and then for a handful of the beautiful shells seen below to add to my collection.



So next time you are in the Paddington area, don't give up on finding a parking space, because a visit to these shops will be well worth driving round the block a few times! And say "Hi" from us!

16 comments:

Lee said...

Im a couple of weeks I'm off to Brisbane for a few days, so thank you for these great recommendations - I'll be sure to pop in. Lee :)

Anonymous said...

I love both of these stores. That whole strip of Paddington is now so great. I have spent way too much at Buba and La - I was their first paying customer.

Cozy Little House said...

Guess I'm too far away in East Texas to visit! But the next best thing is getting to see images on your blog!
Brenda

A-M said...

Oh they look so pretty. Goodness, I need to get out more. A-M xx

Viera said...

They are great. Whole area is my favorite spot.

Bank On said...

oooh these are just my kind of shops! I will definitely be visiting next time I'm in Brisbane.

....I have my eye on those blue bird bottles, gorgeous!

Kerri said...

Love Paddington and love these shops! Just happen to be on my way over that way later this week for a little fix. K xx

Thea said...

I haven't been to Paddington for a while. It seems like lots of nice places keep popping up. Thanks for the tip. x

Kellie Collis said...

Looks like a beautiful store with lots of divine products! xxx

Sprout Gallery said...

Yes, yes, Baba and Lala is my favourite store at the moment too. Lovely owner as well. I have some cushions on layby. Wish they had a blog :)

Amy Antlers said...

I went into Jean and Joyce yesterday and kicked myself for not doing it earlier - I live a 5-minute walk away! So much gorgeous stationery in there. I'll have to check out Buba and La too.

Tracey said...

I am addicted to the coffee at Buba & La and stop by a couple of times a week to have one while browsing their amazing stock.

Jean and Joyce have some of the most beautiful items on display and I have spent a lot of money there over the last few months.

In between Jean and Joyce and Buba & La there is a photography studio and gallery called Remember Forever and they take the most amazing portraits at about half the price of other studios. They also do photomosaics with photos that people bring in. We just had one made and it looks beautiful on our lounge room wall.

Yes, the entire strip there on Latrobe Terrace has become a fantastic way to spend an afternoon! Well done Paddington on some great businesses in the area!

Maddie said...

I feel like Alice in wonderland when I walk into Buba & La. There is so many lovely things to find in there, not to mention the people. The people are so warm and earthy you feel as though you are on holidays at home. And it's such a relaxing place to take my friends for coffee. You feel at ease in a very stylish shop (with out the pomp and ceremony carry on you find at some shops). The style and warmth of this shop is genuine class. 'Naturally' vogue.

Anonymous said...

I hadn't been to Paddington in years and on the weekend I decided to make the trip...not a big one as I only live in Bulimba, and I sure am glad that I did! You were right, both of the stores are great! Jean & Joyce has some of the best Fashion I have seen in Brisbane, and it is not only for my Daughter's age group, I found lots of lovely outfits for myself as well...so different from all the same old stufrf you see in other stores. I could have wandered for hours around both stores.

Ruby and Belle said...

I stumbled upon these shops a couple of weeks ago.
Putting together a shopping list for my new house.
Problem is there are so many beautiful things I can't choose.

Buba & La said...

We are so glad you all like our store! Thank-you for your positive comments. We will be holding a shopping night next Wednesday 23rd June for those of you who are not on our mailing list. Please feel free to come along to enjoy 20% off store wide and further reductions on selected stock for one night only.
Thanks again,
Catherine (Buba & La)