Thursday, April 22, 2010

ribbon covered bangles...


Finding some $2 wooden bangles in a craft shop this morning, I thought I would have a go transforming them into something more interesting and original. I tried simply wrapping them with ribbon, but didn't think they looked quite different enough, so then I experimented with adding some knots. This is what I came up with. I probably should have painted them first so that the wood didn't show through, but I was far too impatient to see a finished result! You could of course use any old bangles you might have lying around and because you don't need any glue (I did a final knot and then tucked the end in), you can just unravel it if you need a change.


Don't think I am ever going to give up my day job and become a hand model! There is never enough time to paint my nails...


22 comments:

melifaif said...

Those are super cute. Awesome idea. I am gonna try my hand at it!

Thea said...

Is there no end to your talent? I love these and I think that the natural wood peeking though is fine. Lovely!

Nicole said...

Hello Claire, I just wanted to let you know that I recieved a beautiful Mondocherry butterfly artwork for my birthday yesterday and i absolutely ADORE it. Perfect, perfect, perfect!
You are a very talented team and I am in love. Now my mother wants one for her birthday!
Thnak you again, it made my day.
Nicole Spears (sister in law to Carole Spears, Chris' sister)

Karen said...

These are lovely very talented
Karen

Sandrine said...

Super cute! I saw these wooden bangles at the craft shop too...Now I know what I could do ;)Merci !X

vicki archer said...

These are so fun...have a wonderful weekend, xv

Mags Bags Etc said...

Sio cute! Thanks for sharing.

Artefatti Clod said...

Very very cute!!
Clod

Jessica at Me Sew Crazy said...

this is absolutely adorable! Love the looped ends!

love lovely said...

could you tell me where you got the pretty ribbon? i love both. lovelovelyworkshops@gmail.com

Ma Petite Valisette said...

just love it ! here is a link to a french translation on my french blog : http://mapetitevalisette.blogspot.com/2011/07/de-beaux-bracelets-de-tissus.html

Janet said...

These are great! Will be trying them with my daughter for sure!

Catta said...

Very Good Idea!!!!
Caterina

Cyndy said...

would be SUPER earth friendly if you used strips of recycled material!

Dianewr said...

I love the simplicity of these bangles and bracelets. What a great project for left over supplies!

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I love your bracelet idea. I was interested in knowing what craft store you purchased your bracelets and ribbons at. I'd like to order some, but want to make sure I go to a reputable source. Thanks and I am excited to try them out!

Katie said...

I am hosting a craft night link party and I would love it if you would link up!

http://theterpblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/craft-night-just-do-it-january.html

Thanks!hh

Laken said...

I think the wood showing through is pretty!

Anonymous said...

Soooooooooooo cute. Do you know how much ribbon you used?

Braz Designer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Braz Designer said...

preciosa pulsera,yo tb hago manualidades!!

Braz Designer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.