Wednesday, April 7, 2010

watch out Melbourne...

...here comes JJ!


Joy (JJ) and her family left today for their next adventure, a few years in Melbourne with a work transfer for Joy's husband. I am feeling very sad as we have spent such a lot of time together over the last few years, working, chatting, shopping and coffee drinking, and even though we are sisters we get on really well! I am also feeling a few twinges of jealousy as I love Melbourne (the shops, the day trips and yes, even the weather!) and know she will have a great time there.

mondocherry will still exist - we will just be creating from three different places; Joy in Melbourne, Sue (aka Susieq or Mum!) in Dubai, and me here in Brisbane. The plan is to share the blogging a bit more so you get the full cherry pie and not just my slice! We will also continue having our stall at the wonderful Boutique Markets, so come along this Sunday 11th when Sue (who is currently visiting) and I will be displaying some new work.

And if you are in Melbourne, watch out for Joy - she will be the one working out how to share the road with all those trams!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Clare, It is very exciting to hear Joy is on her way - I too am a little jealous - she will love Melbourne and what a wonderful opportunity for you to spend more time down there! I hope their house in Malvern has some spare rooms for you all. I had a lovely chat with your Dad today at work. Hope to see you and Sue on Sunday. Love the blog. Anna x

Lee said...

Whilst I feel sad for you because your sister is moving to Melbourne, I think it's great because (a) you'll get to visit Melbourne more often; and (b) hopefully this means that we'll get a little slice of Mondocherry down here in Melbourne. Will Joy be setting up at any of the Melbourne markets? Lee :)

Millie said...

Oh Clare you must be feeling a little lost. Don't worry though, things will steam ahead & think of all those fantastic Melb. cafes you'll get to spend your money in!
Millie ^_^

Posie Patchwork said...

So nice to read blogs like this so i don't feel like the only person in the craft world who moves interstate every 2 years. So looking forward to the Boutique Markets in Brisbane - our next posting. Love Posie

Thea said...

I was sad too when my daughter moved to Melbourne but the visits are great. It will be interesting to see your posts from all of you.

A Room For Everyone said...

Welcome to Melbourne Joy! I'm still not used to the trams...Rachaelxx

Megan said...

Welcome to Melbourne! Melbourne is a great city! Great food! Great coffee! And lots of festivities going on.
To Clare, you should come with her!

erica@ moth design+luxe life said...

Just discovered your fabulous blog... sorry to hear you'll be divided. You'll just have to plan fabulous visits! Will be following to hear more! xo Erica

http://moth-design.blogspot.com/

Brabourne Farm said...

Sad, yes, but think of all the shopping trips you have ahead of you! My suggestion - put Jetstar's number on speed dial. Have a lovely weekend. Leigh

Sandrine said...

Oh I hope the move goes well and the great trio still find their way!
Now looking forward to see post from all over now!:)x

Cyma said...

Welcome to Melbourne Joy, I too came here many years ago originally for only a year, but could never leave this lovely city :)

Keren said...

Oh what a wonderful adventure. I love Melbourne and the weather - way better than the disgusting heat we get here in Brisbane.