Tuesday, May 4, 2010

back to Fiji...


Abby from the gorgeous blog two little dicky birds tagged us (ages ago, but better late than never!) to re-post our sixth ever blog image. I have to admit I was a little bit scared of going back all the way to October 2007 - it felt sort of like reading through old diaries and cringing at what you had written. However, our sixth post turned out to be a perfect antidote for the dull, rainy day we have had here in Brisbane as it was about a family holiday we had in Fiji. The photos of a beautiful sunset and a bunch of frangipani were enough to make me feel more relaxed and even a bit warmer.


Fiji was a fantastic place to visit, especially with kids. We went for just over a week and we stayed in the Radisson resort on Denaru Island, which was brand new at the time. One of my favourite memories from the holiday was the friendliness of the Fijian people and their genuine love for children. We hardly saw my then 6th month old when we ate at the restaurant as she was passed around the staff for cuddles! As you can see from the photo below, she was pretty relaxed about it all.


If the following lovely bloggers are game enough to go back through their archives, we would love to see what you were up to when you posted for the sixth time...

Leigh from Brabourne Farm
Jan from fancy that

6 comments:

Sarah B said...

Looks like a wonderful holiday! I recently did the same 6th post post and it was fun to look back. Blooging is such a grat way to document happenings :)

Millie said...

This lovely post bought back many happy memories Clare. We did the Fiji thing a few times when the boys were little & yes, the staff at the Resorts were just gorgeous with the kids. So warm & genuine, they really are the most delightful people.
Millie ^_^

Beach Vintage said...

OMG I burst into laughter when I saw that last shot!

Rachael said...

Hi Clare,would love to share my sixth post! Thanks for thinking of me..... now I have to go back and have a look...hope it's not too dreadful!

Rachael

Abby said...

So pleased you did post, they are gorgeous photos! Sounds like a great holiday, I must get over there one day!

Margaret said...

Seu filho é lindo , assim como o seu blog, adorei tudo que vi por aqui.

Beijos

Margaret