Thursday, May 20, 2010

we should have been twins...

Joy and I should have been twins! I can't tell you the number of times we have come up with exactly the same idea at the same time, bought the same cushion or vase, and turned up somewhere wearing practically the identical outfit right down to the same pair of shoes.


We were obviously having one of these 'twin-y moments' earlier this week when we both bought this pretty lacy tape by Christina Rae. I purchased mine to pretty up the lids of some plain storage boxes that hold all my bits and pieces in my craft room - white around the recycled brown boxes and black around the white ones. Joy was more creative with her tape, sticking it around some plain drinking glasses to make stylish vases.


This tape would, of course, make any wrapped present look very smart but we think it is almost too nice to use on something that is just going to get thrown in the bin. What would you do with it?

7 comments:

Posie Patchwork said...

I think it's just true friendship, i have a few girlfriends like that, we giggle so much about being so on same page!!
Not sure about twins, i have twins, they are the least alike of my 4 children, i guess they don't clash so that's a bonus. Love Posie

A-M said...

Oh you two are so lucky to have each other. As much as I dearly love my brothers, I would have loved a sister... surrounded by boys I am, brothers and sons... no pink anywhere. Did you get my email with the photos? Oh she's gorgeous, your bub. A-M xx

Porchlight Interiors said...

That's so funny that you say that! Hayley and I often turn up places wearing the same thing and we just about finish eachothers sentences! People think we are twins wherever we go! We thought about getting t-shirts printed saying 'no we are not twins' to save the question! Happy weekend! Tracey xx

Vintage by LOU LOU said...

Absolutely lovely blog about friendship....but that ribbon is so so pretty too. So many things to use it for but quite simply I love it wrapped around those simple glasses making it into something quite elegant xx

Neon Gypsy said...

awwhh! i love telepathic moments like that (: and that tape is so lovely!

Beach Vintage said...

Just perfect, and yes I think you should have been twins!

Millie said...

Love what you've done here Clare - my only sister & I are solar systems apart. You girls are so lucky to be de facto twinnies.
Millie ^_^