Wednesday, June 9, 2010

botanical prints...


It has been so lovely having Mum to stay for the week, and time has gone far too quickly. She is flying up to Brisbane to stay with Clare tomorrow and I wish I was going with her! Last weekend we found a fabulous little second hand book sale where we stumbled across a gorgeous old book of botanical prints. The pictures were just asking to be framed and were just what I needed to hang above my bed. My bedroom has been lacking personality and until now I had not found the inspiration I needed to give it some life.


The pretty pink jug was picked up at the Camberwell Markets (I think Clare almost turned green when Mum and I rang her from our Sunday morning trip there - it was one of her favourite places to visit when she lived in Melbourne). The book in the photo has such a pretty green cover that I bought it from the book sale even though I never intend reading it. Ah, the thrill you get from snaffling up a bargain and decorating on the cheap!

7 comments:

Allana said...

Beautiful finds and so cheerful and spring-y :)

tempo.dk said...

Wonderful and inspiring.

Flick, said...

Those prints are really lovely, and look perfect in those fresh white frames. What a great find! i could use something happy and bright like those above my bed also, I will have to keep a look out.
The flowers are a stunning colour too...
:) Flick

Daniela Rhodry said...

Oh! So pretty... so inspiring...

Danie
From Brazil
www.lindaecheiadegraca.blogspot.com

Porchlight Interiors said...

What a great find! These prints look gorgeous! Tracey xx

Sharnel said...

Oh how lovely. I've always dreamt of finding a book just like that.
They look beautiful.
Glad you got to enjoy your Mum's company.
xx

SquiggleMum said...

Love, love, love those botanical prints!