Monday, June 7, 2010

a new dress...


All last week I felt like sewing myself a dress, and once the kids were all in bed on Saturday night I decided to ignore the ironing pile and stop thinking and start doing! However, knowing that there was no way I would complete the wrap dress pattern I had bought a few weeks ago in one evening (and knowing what I'm like with half finished projects) I decided to tackle something much more manageable. A dress for my 3 years old was the perfect size to start and finish in a couple of hours, and this little apron style dress (Butterick 5019) was super easy. It has been a while since I have sewed bias binding though, and so the frilly button bits on the back are to hide my mistakes!

Once my Jemima put on her new dress she decided she wasn't in the mood for posing, so this photo was as good as I could get. I tried to manipulate the colours so you couldn't see all the dead grass, but failed miserably. Oh well, many of you already know that gardening is not my strong point!


7 comments:

Sandrine said...

Beautiful Clare, I have also bought few patterns and hope I get some spare sewing time...Looking forward to see yours!x

Flick, said...

Wow, gorgeous little dress! The colours are so cute, and the frilly buttons are a great feature, even if they are doing a cover up job for you!
:) Flick

tempo.dk said...

What a wonderful little dress - I am sure the owner loves it too. It is really nice to make something for your kids.

Rachael said...

Super cute Clare!

The dress and the 3 year old attitude......

Rachael

Bela said...

Hi, Clare!! A lovely dress you have made!!! Wish I could sew one just like that to my dear Aila. Have a great week. Bela.

Annah said...

Such a beautiful picture. Great shot.

Beach Vintage said...

Hi Clare, yes we must have had the same bug over the weekend. Sewing sewing. Love the dress! I made one too, will post about it shortly.