Monday, July 19, 2010

a woollen table runner...


I'm a sucker for a freebie! I bought the August edition of Madison magazine the other day as it came with a free scarf in a nice warm camel colour. I opened the packaging on my dining table, and once I spread it out to have a proper look, I changed my mind about wearing it and decided (for now at least) to use it as a table runner! I love the way the texture really 'warmed up' my dining room and it even has a little pocket at either end which you could tuck something into. I probably should have paired my new runner with some winter-y branches to complete the look, but I couldn't resist these cheery Narcissus which make me smile whenever I walk past them.

P.S. Why do photos show up all the creases that you never even noticed before you whipped the camera out?!

6 comments:

Sarah B said...

Your table looks beautiful! Those flowers are impossibly cheery and what a great idea - using a scarf as a runner!

Lee said...

Repurposing at its best! The table runner looks fab with your dining table.

Leni and Rose said...

Great re-use idea! And oh my, I love your flower arrangement, it's amazingly gorgeous!

Emma Burgess said...

Love the flowers-they must smell delicious! Hope you are having a lovely week so far. Xx

moose and bird said...

I love having fresh flowers in my house and these are just gorgeous. Looking very lovely. x

A-M said...

Perfect! A-M xx