Tuesday, August 24, 2010

making a change...


While we don't totally agree with the old saying that "a change is as good as a holiday", there is something about changing things around that gives us all a lift. Joy has been tweaking her living room in Melbourne to freshen things up and the room has changed from having a riot of colour, to a blue and white scheme. I have no doubt that a new colour scheme will transform the room again in a few weeks - the furniture, walls, and rug always stay the same but it is amazing what changing the cushions and adding some accessories and flowers can do.

Do you enjoy changing things round? Which photo of Joy's living room do you most prefer?


10 comments:

inkala images said...

They are both divine...but I do have a soft spot for blue and white! What a gorgeous room in either colour scheme!

Ingrid x

Kerri said...

Love them both, but I'm with Ingrid - the blue and white scheme is gorgeous. Just goes to show how versatile a neutral backdrop is! K xx

A-M said...

Oh Joy, love it. I'm a blue girl so ya got me. A-M xx

Sandrine said...

I love both but I find the blue and white crisp and fresh magnifique! xx

C.J. said...

love the blue& white! just changed mine to black and white from the typical cherry wood, traditional theme. always wanted a romantic environment and now I have one.

Mimi said...

Both are just beautiful! Mimi x

Beach Vintage said...

I love them both but I am a colour and mis matched gal! I love the last photo.

Rachael said...

I love the blue and white too, but i love the cushions in colour too!

Ruby and Belle said...

I love the blue and white. Can you tell me where the lounge is from, looking for something similar

mondo cherry said...

The sofas are the slip-covered IKEA ones - doesn't matter if the kids jump all over them! They recently released a natural linen coloured cover for them which is only dry cleanable (rather than washable like most of the others) but it does look good.
Joy x